Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, skin removed, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stems removed, sliced in thirds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss sweet potatoes and onions in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender.
- Rinse quinoa. Bring quinoa, vegetable stock, and water to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. When cooked, fluff quinoa and remove from heat.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil to medium heat. Cook Brussels sprouts for approximately 10-15 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sugar and toasted pecans to Brussels sprouts; continuously stirring until sugar has caramelized.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes.
To toast pecans, spread evenly on a baking sheet and cook in oven at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant.
Receive insider health information straight to your inbox.