Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cans chili bean mix (I like Westbrae Organic.)
- cheese, sour cream, green onion, avocado, and chips, for serving
- In a soup pot, cook beef, onion, and garlic until beef is cooked throughout and vegetables are tender; drain grease if necessary.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; broil to a boil, then simmer on low for 1 hour.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, green onion, avocado, and chips, if desired.
The longer the chili simmers, the better the flavor.
Dairy-free: Omit cheese topping.
Gluten-free: Verify chili beans you purchase are gluten-free.
Receive insider health information straight to your inbox.
Easiest Buffalo Chicken
Easiest Buffalo Chicken is one of our go-to recipes. I consider this a “base recipe” as it can be used multiple ways: a filling for