Rustic Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- coconut oil or butter, for cooking
- butter and pure maple syrup, for serving
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in medium bowl.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold until just combined. A few lumps will remain.
4. Heat coconut oil or butter in a skillet to medium-low. Using approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each, cook pancakes until golden brown, flipping once, about 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Serve with butter and pure maple syrup.
Dairy-free: Omit butter for cooking; use coconut oil. Omit butter for serving.
Receive insider health information straight to your inbox.