Healthier Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 pound organic chicken
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups of organic dairy milk
- 1 tube Immaculate Baking Company Biscuits
1. Bake chicken at 350 for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Let cool; shred or dice.
2. Heat olive oil in a soup pot, sauté onion and celery for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
3. Add chicken broth, carrots, corn, peas, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Slowly sprinkle whole wheat flour into the vegetable mixture, stirring constantly to thicken.
5. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
6. Add chicken breast.
7. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
8. Pour mixture into a greased baking dish.
9. Place biscuits on top of the mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until biscuits are bronzed.
Receive insider health information straight to your inbox.
Easiest Buffalo Chicken
Easiest Buffalo Chicken is one of our go-to recipes. I consider this a “base recipe” as it can be used multiple ways: a filling for