Foolproof Crockpot BBQ Chicken is a proven winner in our home! My husband requests it time and again, and I am always happy to oblige–it is literally the easiest recipe! Cody generally enjoys his on a bun, but I prefer to serve mine on top of a sweet potato. I usually add a sprinkle of feta or goat cheese too–so yummy! Be sure to keep a 1 lb. of chicken to 1 cup of sauce ratio. If your package of chicken is a bit larger than 1 lb., add sauce to compensate. Hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does!
Foolproof Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Foolproof BBQ Crockpot Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- BBQ seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I use Annie’s Original BBQ Sauce.)
- Put chicken in a sprayed or greased crockpot.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with BBQ seasoning to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot; shred, and return to crockpot. Thoroughly mix shredded chicken with sauce.
- Serve as desired. (My favorite way to serve this is on top of a sweet potato!)
This is an easy recipe to double or triple to serve a large family or a crowd!
Receive insider health information straight to your inbox.
Easiest Buffalo Chicken
Easiest Buffalo Chicken is one of our go-to recipes. I consider this a “base recipe” as it can be used multiple ways: a filling for