Chicken Sausage “Faux” Pasta
Chicken Sausage "Faux" Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 Italian chicken sausage links
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.5 oz. can Italian-diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half; scoop out seeds. Brush spaghetti squash with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash rind-side up in a baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until you are able to gently pull spaghetti squash strands from the rind. Remove all of the squash from the rind; set aside.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat and cook sausage 10-12 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Slice into 3/4″ pieces.
- Sauté 1 tablespoon olive oil and minced garlic in a pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add diced tomatoes to pan; continue to cook for 4-5 minutes. Add spaghetti squash to pan and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes. Add spinach to pan and allow to wilt. Gently mix feta cheese and sausage pieces into spaghetti squash mixture.
Dairy-free: Omit feta.
Paleo: Omit feta.
Receive insider health information straight to your inbox.
Easiest Buffalo Chicken
Easiest Buffalo Chicken is one of our go-to recipes. I consider this a “base recipe” as it can be used multiple ways: a filling for