Chicken, Kale, Chickpea and Quinoa Stew
Chicken, Kale, Chickpea, and Quinoa Stew
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 – 15 oz. cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 – 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped and stems removed
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a greased baking dish; sprinkle with seasoning. Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Dice chicken into small pieces; set aside.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly. Cook according to package directions; set aside.
- In a soup pot, sauté garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add diced tomatoes and cook over medium for another 4-5 minutes. Add 1 cup water, chickpeas, cooked quinoa, and chicken. Continue to cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir chopped kale into mixture. Allow to wilt.
- Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Dairy-free: Omit Parmesan cheese.
Vegan: Omit Parmesan cheese.
Receive insider health information straight to your inbox.