Cheesy Sausage, Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 2 medium spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 oz. package baby spinach
- 1 cup canned artichokes, diced
- 4 oz. cream cheese, diced and softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush flesh of spaghetti squash with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and place face-down on a baking sheet; bake for 45 minutes or until squash is fork-tender and strands can easily be removed. When cool enough to handle, remove squash strands from rind and place in a large bowl. (Do not throw away rinds.)
- Cook sausage over medium heat until browned and cooked all the way through; remove from pan and place with spaghetti squash in large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and heat over low to medium heat; add spinach and cook for 4-5 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted. Remove spinach from pan and add to large bowl.
- Add artichokes, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese to bowl; gently stir until all ingredients are well-combined. Stuff spaghetti squash rinds with spaghetti squash mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until all ingredients are warmed and top is slightly browned.
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley leaves.
Receive insider health information straight to your inbox.